Dec 24, 2009

Al ansaars Hasina Gori to march on Gaza - Ummah newspaper

Proudly Muslim 22-year-old investigative journalist, Hasina Gori departs late December for Gaza as a special correspondent for Al-Ummah and Radio Al-Ansaar. She will be travelling as a member of the Palestinian Solidarity Alliance delegation.

Gori’s enquiring nature fuels her passion for the media. She is a current affairs / news presenter on Radio Al-Ansaar, freelance reporter for Al Huda and Muslim Youth magazines, and illustrator for Nur-ul Kids.

“On many occasions I found that my work focuses on the call for humanity and the rights of people to be upheld whether it be in Darfur, Kashmir, Tibet or Palestine to name but a few,” says Gori. It is this focus, coupled with her campaigning for awareness of the plight of women and children in particular, that drives Gori’s desire to be a part of the Gaza Freedom March.

“It is the conscience within me and my strong desire to uphold human rights that stirs my determination to march alongside the people of Gaza in this show of solidarity against Israel’s siege. I hope to use this experience as a stepping stone to my continued willingness and desire to be an ambassador in the fight for the preservation of human rights and dignity; and as a gateway to my participation as a volunteer on future humanitarian aid or volunteer campaigns.” - Sana

No comments:

Post a Comment